Freedom Logistics currently have the below position available at our Heathrow branch.
20th September 2023
Airfreight Internal Sales
Airfreight Trade Manager
General Purpose Of Position:
Reporting to the Airfreight Trade Manager, the primary goal is to co-ordinate the internal air freight sales activities of the company. This includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in prospecting for Air freight business and support the sales staff.
- Proactively develop airfreight opportunities from customers, networks and agents
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system either by EDI or manually, checking for accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining rate matrices to enable fast and accurate turnaround of quotations.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with external sales managers to develop and maximise all new business sales opportunities.
- Join sales managers on customer visits to assist in retaining or securing new accounts, when required.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Focus on campaigns around commodities, agents, networks, territories or market sectors with expected outcomes and results to be detailed to the Airfreight Trade Manager.
- Propose events and activities to enhance the Group’s connection with potential target customers and markets. Attend events, as appropriate and agreed.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded. At the same time ensure that all appropriate financial controls are in place to comply with financial and regulatory requirements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Any other duties as required by management
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the group’s profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to promote the group corporate culture
- Computer literate
Salary, Package & Benefits
Excellent Package Negotiable.